Coalesce - Legal, psycho-social and economic empowerment for victims of trafficking
Coalesce works to support to victims of trafficking in human beings: providing gender-specific psycho-social, legal and economic support and assistance to third-country national women victims of sex trafficking.
About the Coalesce project
The Coalesce project is a 2 year-long initiative starting October 2020 between 9 organisations across the EU. It is an evolution of the Immigrant Council's previous project called ASSIST (Gender Specific Legal Assistance and Integration Support for Third Country National Female Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation), adding a new economic dimension to the research and service provision of supports for trafficked women.
The Coalesce project works to support victims of trafficking who are usually migrant women by providing gender-specific supports in psycho-social, legal and economic matters.,
The project also aims to develop synergies and best practices for frontline professionals and practitioners in swiftly identifying victims and allocating supports, as well as improving cooperation between countries in these areas.
Coalesce aims to place the voices and authentic opinions of trafficked women at the centre of the work to provide support to victims of trafficking.
Download: Coalesce gender-specific integration model (GeSIM) for victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation and abuse
Coalesce project deliverables
- The provision of assistance guided by a Gender Specific Integration Model for legal, psycho-social assistance and economic empowerment to enhance integration of women third-country nationals who are victims of trafficking.
- The development of a practical working toolkit enhanced by input from affected women, distilling specialized knowledge and recommendations for a sustainable gender-specific implementation EU guidelines and tools, influencing the work of service providers (including asylum authorities).
- The promotion of national and transnational knowledge exchange between relevant actors on the benefits of and commitment to a gender-specific integration model. Nurturing collaborative approaches benefitting trafficked women.
- The improvement of the capacity of victim support organisations across the EU to provide gender-specific support services (incl. psycho-social, legal and economic empowerment) tailored to the needs of migrant women victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation/abuse contributing also to their early identification.
Coalesce project partners
- Mediterranean Institute for Gender Studies (Cyprus)
- Cyprus Refugee Council (Cyprus)
- MARTA Centre (Latvia)
- European Network of Migrant Women (Belgium)
- CARITAS (Cyprus)
- SOLWODI (Germany)
- Klaipeda Social and Psychological Support Centre (Lithuania)
- Association Iroko Onlus (Italy)