The Immigrant Council of Ireland is a non-governmental organisation and Independent Law Centre which provides information, advice and legal representation to migrants and their families moving to or living in Ireland. The Immigrant Council’s aim is to directly assist migrants in navigating the Irish immigration system and, in turn, the organisation uses its experience and expertise to lobby for positive policy and legislative changes within the immigration system and associated areas.
The Immigrant Council of Ireland is currently seeking applications for the following position:
Title of position: Accounts Assistant
Reporting to: Finance & Funding Manager of the Immigrant Council of Ireland
Location: 2 St Andrew St, Dublin 2
This is a permanent, full-time role (5 days per week - 35 hours per week excluding lunch break), subject to funding. A six month probationary period applies.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 18 March 2019 at 5pm
Purpose of the role:
To provide assistance for the efficient operation of all aspects of the finance function of the charity. To ensure the proper maintenance of the financial books and records of the Immigrant Council of Ireland. To provide administrative support to the Finance & Funding Manager.
The support for the role:
The Finance & Funding Manager will support the post holder in developing work-plans for the year through regular support and supervision.
- Book-keeping duties for the Immigrant Council of Ireland
- Prepare month end accounts & bank reconciliation
- Management of accounts payable
- Monthly staff payroll preparation
- Financial reporting and administration of EU Grants and other grants
- Assistance with the annual report and audit
- General administrative assistance to the Finance & Funding Manager (company secretarial assistance and other ad hoc administrative duties)
Please note: Complete confidentiality and discretion is required at all times.
- Experience in a similar accounts assistant role for at least 1 year
- Interest / experience in the non-profit sector is an advantage
- Qualified / part-qualified accounting technician or part-qualified accountant is an advantage
- A good working knowledge of double entry accounting
- Experience using Sage 50 and electronic payroll systems is an advantage
- Excel and MS Word skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literacy
- Good organisational skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Salary & Benefits:
- €30,000 - €40,000 per annum depending on experience
- 5% employer contribution to pension after 6 months (based on employee contribution of 5%)
- 25 days holiday per year
HOW TO APPLY
A letter of application along with a full CV and the names of two referees should be sent by way of email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Accounts Assistant.
Applications submitted will be acknowledged but no further feedback will be provided to applicants unless invited to attend for interview.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday, 18 March 2019
First round of interviews will be held on Wednesday, 20 March 2019