Now hiring: Finance Manager (Part-time maternity cover)
The Immigrant Council of Ireland is currently seeking applications for the following position:
Title of position: Finance Manager
Part time: 3.75 days per week (26.25 hours), hours may be worked over 5 days
Annual Salary: €50k to €60k per annum (pro-rata for 26.25hrs - €37.5k to €45k pa)
Contract: Specific purpose contract Maternity Leave Cover
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Remote Working / 2 St Andrew St, Dublin 2
Start Date: Jan 2021 (if available for handover/training in Dec 2020)
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday, 20 November 2020
Purpose of the Job:
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial management and company secretarial function of the organisation.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of the financial books and records of the ICI and the preparation of annual accounts in compliance with SORP and funder requirements (including compliance with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform Circular 13/2014 and Circular 44/2006).
- Presentation to ICI Governance & Finance Committee and Board of the management accounts, budgets, cash flow projections and other financial management information as may be required from time to time.
- Financial management of grants and funding streams of the ICI including preparation of budgets for funding applications and financial reporting for grants.
- Ensure proper financial controls and systems are in place throughout the ICI.
- Manage all banking arrangements.
- Manage payroll.
- Supervise accounting staff within the ICI.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate procurement procedures (which adhere to Public Procurement regulations) and ensuring they are followed. Ensuring value for money in the finance and facilities functions.
- Member of the senior management team.
Company Secretarial Function:
- To ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and the requirements of the CRO, the Charities Regulator, the Law Society, Revenue and other State organisations (such as the Commission for Communications Regulation) and funding agencies.
- To ensure that the ICI conducts its affairs in accordance with the Constitution.
- To participate in meetings of the Governance & Finance Committee and the Board and take minutes.
- To maintain all statutory and other records of the ICI in a secure manner and to ensure that all necessary filings are made within time limits.
- To develop and implement processes to promote and sustain good governance for the ICI. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Charities Governance Code and the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising – ensuring appropriate financial and operational policies, procedures, and controls are in place, and ensuring compliance by the organisation with same.
- To administer the ICI’s pension scheme in conjunction with the external Trustee.
- To administer the ICI’s insurances and ensure that all identified risks are adequately insured (maintenance of the Risk Register).
The Immigrant Council is a flexible organisation; the duties of this post may be subject to adjustment from time to time and the post holder will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks required of them in furtherance of the Immigrant Council’s wider objectives.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Professionally Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- Strong governance knowledge
- High degree of attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT skills
- Empathy with organisational goals
Desirable skills and attributes
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of SORP accounting
- Experience of the financial management of grants
- Experience in European Commission funding/projects
- Company Secretary experience
Salary & Benefits:
- €50k to €60k per annum (pro-rata for 26.25hrs - €37.5k to €45k pa)
- 5% employer contribution to pension after 6 months (based on employee contribution of 5%)
- 25 days annual leave per year pro rata
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
How to apply
A letter of application along with a full CV and the names of two referees should be sent by way of email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Finance Manager Maternity Leave Cover.
Applications submitted will be acknowledged but no further feedback will be provided to applicants unless invited to attend for interview.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday, 20 November 2020